It’s been a long time since I legitimately had to play a lot before I had enough to update. Don’t worry; only a few days of winter left and I’ll be ready to start writing about it. And let me tell you; its already a doosy.
Anyway, chapter teasing aside, you all know that I am getting close to the point that I’ll be needing to move out my first spare soon.
And you might have noticed my hesitation to do so…and even outright stalling.
A MAJOR part of my problem are the horror stories with EA story progression.
See, for those who don’t know, the story progression works as a series of numbers. If population starts getting low, sims will have babies, if not they won’t. And which ones have babies and which don’t seems more or less random. So family oriented sims who want 5 kids may not have any. And sims who hate children could end up with 3.
Sims will also quit jobs/ switch jobs, or not get any based on what is needed. Did the current school teacher die? Another random sim takes his/her place. Has nothing to do with sim traits, wants, LTW, anything like that.
I don’t want my sims to come to a complete stand still. I don’t want them divorcing their love for no reason (because I actually don’t know what causes that). I want them to have kids and jobs. I want them to have LIVES.
This brings me to my dilemma. There are mods (modifications to the game, not made by EA) called the NRASS story progression and NRASS Master Controller. And I want them.
I have gone this long without mods in my game because they can cause lag and glitches and worse. Yes, some (like these) are trusted and have been worked on to cause little problems. I’m just paranoid. They can still cause lag because of their sheer size.
Most people who have swear by them, say they can’t even imagine playing the game without them any more.
Some, I’ve noticed, don’t even know what’s bad about EA’s story progression because they haven’t ever played without them.
I want your advice. Do I risk it? (I’ll make backups first of course) Just forget it? WHAT DO I DO?!
For those who don’t know, here are some things that these mods do that I want them for.
- Will allow me to check gender preference of my sims. 😀
- I can find sims I need to that aren’t in my family with map tags. Like significant others or best friends or the like.
- I’m pretty sure I can use it to change the colour of the baby blankets so they don’t have to be stuck in the pink and blue all the time and can look a little differen’t
- It can be used to fix certain bugs. Like I can add the tattoo without it messing up the ages…I think.
- I can choose setting that will more or less help take care of my sims not in my active household and help them life the lives they want.
- I can get popup notifications about important people; I would be able to know if one of my spares have children rather than me haveing to try and remember to check the family tree and potentially missing a birthday or something. Imagine not seeing Sep’s baby until he is a child or Teen because I didn’t know about him or her?! D:
For people using these mods, let me know some other cool things about that you like.
Let me know your guy’s experience with/without these mods.
I would also love any other tips or advice.
Even if you don’t play sims, I wouldn’t mind your impartial advice. What do you think you would do in this situation?
Thanks always for your help!
May the odds even be in your favor. Sorry…that just sounded right to say here.