Hey guys. Just a couple things I wanted to talk about and ask.
First of all, I did want to mention that I did post a new chapter. When I did it posted it under the date that I first started working on the chapter; over 6 months ago! If anything was going to rub in my face how far behind I am. >.<‘.
I did update the date on it but I don’t know what that meant for notifications. I mean, did it just toss it in the readers at the date it thought it was published for some reason? Because I feel that wouldn’t be helpful to anyone. If someone could let me know if/when that chapter showed up in their wordpress reader that would be great. I know the e-mail notification worked but that’s it.
I have pictures for 3 more chapters prepared then I can start to play again. I am resizing them as advised to help with memory space issues, but right now I am pulling them into pixlr, resizing, re-saving, one by one right now. I have a LOT of pictures per chapter. Its taking forever. If you know a better way I would love the share.
Along the same lines as the space issue, I am making a single image for each trait chart now that I know I won’t need to add more to them. Its taking a while but once all the images are made I can delete all the individual trait images from my folder. I also took away all the pictures from ‘family members’ page and replaced them with a link to a Family Eco family tree. I’ve also started replaying the pictures in old chapters with resized versoins. That one is going to take a while and I don’t know if I’ll end up doing the whole thing but I know it will help a lot in the long run, so I am trying.
Please check out my updated pages, let me know if there is anything you think could improve them. I thought about adding more info to the family tree page but I don’t know what I would add.
Trying to get back into this when there is SO much work to be done cleaning up the site is a little daunting. I could really use the feedback and support of you all.