Similar to the Liebster Award, this was made by bloggers for bloggers as a way to sort of share the love around the blogging community. It’s a great way to give some recognition to some of your favorite blogs, and also to find new reading material along the way!
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
I was so surprised to log on to WordPress after a long break and find that I had been nominated. I was feeling both flattered and a little guilty…I’ve hardly written a thing in what is an unreasonable amount of time. But this little reminder is making me want to try again. There are things I need to address about that. But thats for later in the post.
For now I want to focus on my fellow Blogger , the one who nominated me, earthqueenami , author of a fun rainbow legacy with the hilarious theme of Pokemon which is so awesome. She follows the Kanto map, which if you don’t know Pokemon towns are all named for a different colour, making a super excellent new rainbow colour path for her sims. Super awesome idea, one of my favorites. Please go check it out, especially if you are a Pokemon fan like I am. Nami I so grateful for the nomination even though I think I don’t deserve it especially lately. I will try and buckle down and get my butt in gear. ❤
Here are the questions from her nomination. I just love questionnaires. 🙂
- Who or what inspired you to start writing a Sims blog?
I wanted to tell a story about my sims. I tried to tell a story to myself and I started taking notes. Writing it down made it more real. But I didn’t think about actually writing a story until I found ashleigh825 ‘s “reflections” site here on wordpress following the Charms Legacy. It was a good read and it made me realize that there was a community for such things. It had never occurred to me to use a blog site as a living novel.
- Do you have a favorite townie in any of the games? If so, why are they your favorite?
I loved the Veronaville theme from sims 2 since I am a big plan of Shakespeare. But the families I love to play are ‘challenging’ families. The Broke family from pleastview was a favorite of mine for that purpose and the Beaker and Curious families from Strangetown occasionally as well. But I played all of them at one time or another and there were others I would go back to as well.
Sims 3 I played a few premades at first. I liked the Sekemoto family and I don’t 100% know why. I also loved the family in the sim bin without any adults for challenge reasons but I can’t remember their family name.
Sims 4 I never played a premade family though I marry townies. Summer is a favorite of mine because she is freakishly similar to a friend of mine also named Summer and she is just so sweet.
But in sims 3 and 4 I mostly play my own families. In sims 2 I used premade ones because I felt like sims had no personality so the premade ones at least had a story, a likely personality I could keep to and a story I could follow and expand upon. But I didn’t really like making sims in 2. That changed in 3 so I didn’t play premades all that often anymore.
- What’s your favorite song (or songs) at the moment?
My all time favorite song is Cry Little sister by Gerard McMann. But I don’t listen to it as much anymore.
Sound of Silence preformed by Disturbed, Beneath the Mire by Opeth, Welcome Home or Evagria the faithful by Coheed and Cambria.
But I love lots of music. I sing all the time. I could go on for a while here lol. I listen mostly to metal.
- What’s your favorite Disney movie?
This is another one that is hard to narrow down. My family watched a LOT of movies and Disney has always been a BIG part of my life. I have pretty much all of them memorized with few exceptions.
If I have to chose I think Aladdin or Lion King. But its hard to find ones I don’t like (with the obvious exceptions of the dumb sequels. They don’t count. Except the Toy story sequels.)
- What is/was your favorite subject in school? Why?
English I think. I like to read. I like to write. I loved learning about symbolism and stuff of that sort. History is also awesome. I love learning about different cultures and theology and history about other countries. Science is hit and miss in school; always tends to be about something really cool or really boring.
That said..I feel I learned more about all these things on my own rather than in school.
- If you could live inside of the world of any fandom, which would you choose?
Kind of a tricky question. Because most of the time it would fall into one of two categories.
1. The ‘truth’ of the fandom is hidden from the majority of the world. So the average person would see no difference. Like Supernatural. Not many people in that world know about what is happening. To the average person on the street it is the exact same as the world now.
2. Everything is terrible. Its cool to play, read, or even imagine but the truth of the matter is most of us would be dead if it were real for us. Like say Hunger games or Walking dead.
I actually can’t think of anything that I am into anyway that is not either I wouldn’t know the difference or I would be dead.
SO if I could assume that I would be part of the ‘know’ maybe…Dresden Files? I really like Butchers blend of all kinds of different kinds of lores basically making everything true, all kinds of theologies and mythologies, and yet nothing is quite how you know it. It makes endless possibilities but it is not instantly death if you are not a ‘high up’ person in the magical community and not attracting the attention of super strong beings.
I also have recently started watching Dr. Who (I know. How far behind am I?) And if I could be/take the place of a main character it would be that show. Being a ‘companion’ would be awesome because you could literally go anywhere and do anything at any point in space and time. Kind of hard to argue with that.
If its a matter of I could be strong enough or whatever to survive in the lore I think maybe…Fallout? I am obsessed with survival style things and I guess because I feel like I suck at this world so I wonder if I would be better at such a different one lol.
Frick. I went on a while on that one.
- If you could be any life state from TS3, which would you want to be?
First I need to take a moment to say that I thought it said life stages at first, as in ages, and I wondered what was so special about their ages compared to ours lol.
That is actually an interesting question. There are a lot of cool ones. Genies have cool magic so I considered that one but in the end the faeries one out if only because they can shrink and being a tiny person a-la Thumbalina or the Borrowers/Ariety has always been a weird dream of mine lol.
- Which Olympic sport do you enjoy watching the most?
I don’t watch sports at all and I have seen nothing of the Olympics. I don’t even know what the Olympic sports all are even.
Ok. Just googled. The ones that seem most interesting are Archery, Equestrian, and Judo. >.<
- Are you more of a cat person or a dog person?
I am an animal person. I love cats and dogs and I would love either. Or both. And other animals, anything from Rats to Snakes to Bunnies to Birds. All kinds.
There is a higher likelihood of me getting a cat than a dog because I prefer Big dogs over little dogs and the odds are very low of me getting a place with room for a big time any time remotely soon.
- Why is a raven like a writing desk?
When I was little I thought long and hard about this. I decided the answer was they both hold quills and produce notes. I mean, I was pretty little since I figured feathers were just quills, even still on a bird. 😉
By the time I got around to thing this I was(am) unreasonably behind. I think most of the people I follow have been nominated. I thought about doing this (re-nominating) anyway but…it feels like it just over emphasizes how late I am to the party.
I am so grateful to my readers and to the people who I read. Things have been particularly difficult for me lately and I just haven’t been on my PC much at all. I’ve been terribly unproductive in my life as I struggle through the things that have come up.
I want to get back to this. I really really do. I have decided to try and help myself…speed up the process.
- I am making my lifespan just a little bit shorter. As I was doing this it turned out my YA and Adult lifespans were out of line anyway, which is why the birthdays weren’t staying consistent. Anyway, this is the new lifespans compared to the old one.
Baby 7 7
Toddler 21 21
Child 28 28
Teen 28 28
YA 70 56
Adult 70 56
Elder 36 28
Total 260 224
Years 9 years 8 days 8 yearsIts only 36 days shorter I know, which isn’t very much at all. But then, for some people 36 days is an entire lifestage so I guess its not too insignificant. Mostly its to clean up how the birthdays fall and just make things a little bit more reasonable. I can’t bring myself to make any age less than a year and I can’t make any of the seasons shorter even though I am slightly tempted.
2. I am thinking about making each chapter 2 seasons instead of one. My first thought would be to make it Summer & Fall, and Winter & Spring since sim years seem to start in Summer and there would be two at least different weather types in each chapter so you could still see fairly easily when one season ends and the others begin. But perhaps Spring & Summer, and Fall & Winter, would be more cohesive and just go better together. Plus there comes the problem of would the chapters be too long? I don’t think they would be literally twice as long as I would not likely double up on telling about the same type of down time but it would be longer. My chapters are already pretty long and people have said they like ready about the down time stuff so maybe it wouldn’t due to trim it. Thinking about all that I begin to lean towards not combining chapters at all. Please share your thoughts on this.I am legitimately going to try really really hard to get things back on track. I can really use your encouragement. Thanks everyone.